[XML-SIG] Dropping Python 1.5 support in PyXML

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
27 Mar 2002 12:26:01 +0100

Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com> writes:

>   We ship 1.5 as the default Python. There is also python2 packages
> which have been upgraded to 2.2 and hence should include PyXML.

Atleast the parts of PyXML that have migrated into Python. I guess you
don't have a separate PyXML package, then (e.g. PyXML 0.6.6).

>   We also ship the libxml2/libxslt Python bindings which include support
> for both python 1.5 and the version of 2.x provided.

Thanks for the information. It appears that PyXML users, if 1.5
support is dropped, could use it only with the 2.x installation, which
I find acceptable.

Regards,
Martin