[XML-SIG] Dropping Python 1.5 support in PyXML

Carlos_Eberhardt@URSCorp.com Carlos_Eberhardt@URSCorp.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:32:57 -0600

> We do. Like all other python modules, this is compiled against the
> standard python on the system, Python 1.5. Hence the problem. PyXML is at

> 0.7. We also ship 4Suite.

Putting my nose where it doesn't belong, but I'm just too curious. If
Redhat ships an old python as the default, why can't it also ship an old
PyXML as the default? Couldn't you still offer the latest PyXML as an
option, like with Python 2.2? Or are there new features for the next
release that are required?

Again, sorry for butting in.. I must be looking for some way to avoid work
today...

Carlos