[XML-SIG] Dropping Python 1.5 support in PyXML

Trond Eivind Glomsrød teg@redhat.com
27 Mar 2002 10:51:03 -0500

Carlos_Eberhardt@URSCorp.com writes:

> > We do. Like all other python modules, this is compiled against the
> > standard python on the system, Python 1.5. Hence the problem. PyXML i=
s at

> > 0.7. We also ship 4Suite.
>
> Putting my nose where it doesn't belong, but I'm just too curious. If
> Redhat ships an old python as the default, why can't it also ship an ol=
> PyXML as the default?

We can (and most likey will, if a newer one is released now - we're
unlikely to update it after the public beta, unless something bad
happens). I'm just pointing out that many users will still be using
Python 1.5.2 for some time to come.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.