[XML-SIG] Python stdlib, pyxml, 4suite?

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
07 May 2002 07:13:42 +0200

Brian Birkinbine <bbirkinbine@earthlink.net> writes:

> Could someone explain how the python standard library, pyxml and
> 4suite all fit together (or refer me to a url to read about an
> overview of the different package integration)

A part of PyXML was incorporated into Python 2.0 (mainly sax/minidom),
thus PyXML is an extension of the xml package of Python 2.x.

A part of 4Suite was incorporated into PyXML (originally only 4DOM,
now also 4XPath and 4XSLT); those parts where then removed/renamed in
4Suite (not yet done for 4XPath/4XSLT).

4Suite originally installed itself also as an extension for the xml
package; the next 4Suite release will stop doing so, and live
completely in the Ft package.

HTH,
Martin