[XML-SIG] how to output xml from a python object

paul@boddie.net paul@boddie.net
14 May 2002 09:42:37 -0000

On 14 May 2002 00:18:20 +0200 martin@v.loewis.de (Martin v. Loewis) wrote:

>In the specific case, any "political correct" solution would not have
>worked, though - the user had
>
>object.desc = "<p>text</p>"
>
>and expected the final output document to contain this string
>literally. How do you get this with the a DOM?

Well, it depends what they're trying to achieve, and I suppose I should
familiarise myself with what the problem was again. I've worked on XML
documents where literal HTML was required inside CDATA sections, and I'm sure
the DOM would have worked just fine in producing those documents.

Paul