[XML-SIG] xml package refresh for Python 2.3
Fred L. Drake, Jr.
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:43:19 -0500
Guido indicated yesterday that he'd like to see Python 2.3 alpha 1
happen this year. Before that happens, I need to "refresh" the xml
package in Python with updated software from PyXML. This currently
means the following things will be updated in Python:
- Modules/expat/* [the Expat library code]
- Modules/pyexpat.c [Python Expat bindings]
domreg.py [getDOMImplementation() & friends]
minidom.py [minidom, like it says]
minicompat.py [to be added]
xmlbuilder.py [to be added]
expatbuilder.py [to be added]
pulldom.py [if it changed at all]
I'd like some guidance here.
xml*.tex [update material integrated from
I expect the tasks will be:
1. Wrap up any Expat issues remaining (me).
2. Release the next version of Expat (me).
3. Update the Expat code in PyXML (me).
4. Release PyXML 0.8.2 (Martin? please? ;).
5. Update code in Python as described above (me).
Guido would like the Python CVS to be ready no later than
mid-December, so I'd like to get items 1-4 done by the end of this
month. Does that work for everyone else?
Martin, will you have time to cut a PyXML release around then, or do
we need someone else to volunteer for the task? (I certainly
appreciate the work you've done keeping things moving around release
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation