[XML-SIG] PyXML 0.8.1 pyexpat segfault

Jeremy Kloth jeremy.kloth@fourthought.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:46:17 -0600

On Friday 11 October 2002 01:13 pm, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> "Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org> writes:
> > Ok, so it seems what I need to do next week is get another Expat
> > released.  I'll see what I can do.
>
> Not necessarily. If Jeremy volunteers to backport those changes to
> PyXML CVS, we can release 0.8.2 without a new Expat release.

The most recent change, which I posted as a patch, is pretty straight for=
ward. =20
However, the change for DTDs was a pretty substantial change to Expat, an=
d I=20
would feel better if Fred could get it tested throughly within Expat itse=
lf. =20

That said, if Fred believes that the changes are stable enough, I have no=
=20
problem getting them into the PyXML tree.  This is because with the chang=
es I=20
can no longer reproduce the errors, though my test cases might not be=20
thorough enough.

Jeremy