[XML-SIG] [ pyxml-Bugs-626489 ] Attribute content not properly escaped.

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:11:35 -0700

Bugs item #626489, was opened at 2002-10-21 12:11
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=106473&aid=626489&group_id=6473

Category: DOM
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,

I found bug a whereby ">" is not properly escaped in
written attribute values. It should be written as ">".

Here is some sample code

>>>from xml.dom.ext import PrettyPrint, Print
>>>from xml.dom.ext.reader import PyExpat
>>>tree = PyExpat.Reader().fromString("<e
a='&lt;&gt;'/>")
>>>PrettyPrint(tree)

The output is

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

which is not well-formed.

I traced it down to the _xmlplus.dom.ext.Printer.py
module, but didn't have the time to work through the
code and develop a patch. Sorry. I figure it would be
much easier for someone more familiar with the code.

Regards,

Alan.