[XML-SIG] ANN: SLiP and SLIDE - a quick XML shorthand syntax and tool for editing

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:29:06 -0600

> hello,
>
> (A little late,) I have noted the announcement of SLiP and the followup
> discussion on XML shorthand on this list.  Have you guys followed up on
> the
> topic and are working on a joint specification/implementation?  I would
> be
> interested to join in.  In the following I describe some ideas.

[SNIP]

Your post sounds interesting, and apparently a lot of work has gone into your
ideas.  Some brief examples would be helpful as I'm trying to get a sense of
your ideas quickly.

I must note that I have recently started just using straight Wiki text in XML
content, and this works very well for me: I have an XSLT extension element for
4Suite that takes such text and emits HTML to the processor output.  I plan to
post this soon to the Python Cookbook.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One Boston: http://www.xmlconference.com/
Basic XML and RDF techniques for knowledge management, Part 7 -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think12.html
Keeping pace with James Clark - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/libra
ry/x-jclark.html
Python and XML development using 4Suite, Part 3: 4RDF -
http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/xml-onlinecourse-bytitle/8A
1EA5A2CF4621C386256BBB006F4CEC