[XML-SIG] Reading blocks smaller than 16384 in xmlproc?

Daniel Shane shane@irosoft.com
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 15:59:16 -0400

Hi,

I would like to change the value of the bufsize in xmlproc so that it reads
the input file in smaller chunks. This is because I use xmlproc to generate
data that is passed in another xmlproc which in turn tells the first
process how to send more data and so on and so forth...

Unfortunately, this system could dead-lock because the first process will
wait for the second process to signal something, but the second process is
blocked on the read because less than 16384 characters were sent by process 1.

I tried to change this value to something very small like 1 (!) or 10 (by
changing bufsize at 3 places in the code) but end up with a validating
parser that is no longer functionning correctly.

Does anyone know if it would be easy to modify xmlproc so that its input
chunks could be as small as 1 caracter? How small a bufsize can be used
while still having a functionning parser?

Regards,
Daniel Shane