[XML-SIG] an example of generating XML?

Matt Gushee Matt Gushee <mgushee@havenrock.com>
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:28:21 -0600

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 08:19:08AM -0400, Thomas B. Passin wrote:

> > > Here is a minimal example that works, though without error handling.
> >
> > Almost works, you mean?
> >

> Yes, I accidentally left off an import statement.

Leaving me to provide it? Alright, if you insist:

from xml.dom import implementation

> > implementation?
> >

> It is defined in dom\__init__.py (as illustrated in test_document.py).  And
> the code runs as expected on my system, when the import statement isn not
> cut out.  Although, as I actually look at that part of __init__.py, I see
> that it really likes to set implementation to
>
> HTMLDOMImplementation.HTMLDOMImplementation()

Yes, I've noticed that ... and I suppose there must be a good reason,
though I can't imagine what. That's why I generally use

  from xml.dom import getDOMImplementation

  impl = getDOMImplementation()

which (at least on my system) returns an XML DOM parser, usually
minidom.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA