PyXML XPath and XSLT Re: [XML-SIG] Mass assignment of 4Suite bug reports

Michael McLay mclay@nist.gov
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:37:28 -0400

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 12:42 pm, Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> > Yes, in particular the bison parser modules.
>
> There is even more that has moved to C recently in 4Suite, so we'll
> certainly want to keep in mind general principles about what we want to
> keep in Python int he PyXPath/PyXSLT versions.  I do like the idea of
> keeping them mostly Python for max cross-platform support.

Isn't it just the portablity of the specific C code that is at issue? The
bison dependancy is troublesome for porting to the Mac and Windows. Most
everyone would prefer the speed of C if it is available and it compiles
without a hitch.