[XML-SIG] Re: Issues with Unicode type

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
25 Sep 2002 13:47:15 -0600

On Wed, 2002-09-25 at 12:55, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com> writes:
>
> > Does that mean that chargen.py should be rewritten for ucs4?
>
> No. It means that Unicode character classes don't work in SRE, for
> ucs4 builds; this is http://python.org/sf/599377.
>
> It is likely that it was me who introduced this bug, when I added the
> optimization for large Unicode character classes, but I haven't found
> the time to investigate that further, and may not be able to do so in
> the coming months. Contributions are welcome.

Hah!  And I see that Fred Drake was sneaky enough to assign it to /F
instead of you.  I guess that means you're off the hook for good  ;-)

Apache 2.0 API -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-apache/
Python&XML column: Tour of Python/XML -
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/18/py.html