[XML-SIG] replace ENTITY_NODE ?

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
30 Sep 2002 15:06:39 +0200

J=FCrgen Schmidt <scjuonline@web.de> writes:

> The first problem I face is that ENTITY_NODEs wont show up im my
> DOM-Document if I use Reader.fromStream(...).

In general, processing of the DTD is very weak in the DOM; it is
particularly weak in PyXML, and very weak in PyXML < 0.8.1.

What version have you been using? What XML parser?

> The second: will I be able to replace this Node once it shows up or
> is it read-only?

In the DOM, the entities attribute of the DocumentType interface is
readonly, see

http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-DOM-Level-3-Core-20020409/core.html#ID-4122669=
27

Editing an individual Entity is not supported, either.

Of course, when you come up with patches to PyXML that go beyond those
specified interfaces, in a canonical way, without breaking anything,
we'd happily include those in PyXML 0.8.2.

Regards,
Martin