[XML-SIG] ANN: XIST 2.2
walter at livinglogic.de
Fri Aug 1 15:07:17 EDT 2003
XIST 2.2 has been released!
What is it?
XIST is an XML-based extensible HTML generator written in Python.
XIST is also a DOM parser (built on top of SAX2) with a very simple
and Pythonesque tree API. Every XML element type corresponds to a
Python class, and these Python classes provide a conversion method
to transform the XML tree (e.g., into HTML). XIST can be considered
"object oriented XSL".
What's new in version 2.2?
* Python 2.3 is required now.
* Namespaces have been enhanced and are now subclassable,
so it's possible to overwrite elements.
* Tree traversal has been rewritten to be more flexible.
* A namespace for XSL-FO has been added and ll.xist.ns.doc
supports conversion to XSL-FO now (the website provides
PDF versions of each page done via this feature (and FOP)).
* The HTML handling of the HTMLParser has been improved
(by using code from PyXML's drv_sgmlop_html)
* XIST DOMs now support copy.copy() and copy.deepcopy()
* Many other small bugfixes and enhancements.
For changes in older versions see:
Where can I get it?
XIST can be downloaded from
Web pages are at
ViewCVS access is available at
More information about the XML-SIG