[XML-SIG] ANN: XIST 2.3
walter at livinglogic.de
Mon Dec 8 15:47:27 EST 2003
XIST 2.3 has been released!
What is it?
XIST is an XML-based extensible HTML generator written in Python.
XIST is also a DOM parser (built on top of SAX2) with a very simple
and Pythonesque tree API. Every XML element type corresponds to a
Python class, and these Python classes provide a conversion method
to transform the XML tree (e.g., into HTML). XIST can be considered
"object oriented XSL".
What's new in version 2.3?
* Namespace handling has been rewritten to be more standard
compliant (no more namespace prefixes for entity references
or processing instructions).
* Global attributes will now always generate the appropriate
* Support for uTidylib has been added and arguments
can be passed to tidy now.
* The HTMLParser can handle global attributes now.
* When parsing from an URL the base URL will be correct now
even if the request gets redirected
(thanks to ll-url 0.11.6).
* Various other small bugfixes and enhancements.
For changes in older versions see:
Where can I get it?
XIST can be downloaded from http://ftp.livinglogic.de/xist/
Web pages are at
ViewCVS access is available at
More information about the XML-SIG