[XML-SIG] binding an unbound namespace prefix

Keith Beattie KSBeattie at lbl.gov
Mon Dec 22 22:00:02 EST 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to parse a string which is a segment of xml (in order to
canonicalize it) which doesn't have all it's namespaces bound in the segment
I'm trying to parse.  How do I pass the namespaces into minidom.parseString(),
or Domlette.NonvalidatingReader.parseString(),such that they'll be happy with
the 'unbound prefix'?  I hoped to see an nsdict kw arg or some such, but no
luck.  Is building the dom myself the only way to do this?