[XML-SIG] PyXML on OS X?

Ed Miller edrmiller@go.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:14:29 -0800 (PST)

Trying to parse a little xml on Mac OS X 10.2.4 using
the provided python 2.2 distribution, I ran into the
missing parser problem.  A little searching, and it
appears the canonical answer to this problem is
"install PyXML"

I tried downloading PyXML 0.8.2 but when I run "python
setup.py build" I very quickly get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 58, in ?
    if sys.platform[:6] == "darwin" and \
NameError: name 'distutils' is not defined

I also tried downloading PyXML 0.8.1 but get loads of
warnings and errors.

Before I get too tangled up in this, anyone else had
any success parsing xml using python on OS X?

Cheers,
Ed

--
Ed R Miller