[XML-SIG] Yet more fun :) , 4xslt reports errors in docbook-xsl-1.59.1

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:29:17 -0700

> Since people have said they use the docbook-xsl packages with 4xslt, I
> must be mis-using it somehow, but I don't see how.  Here's the 4xslt
> command-line I'm generating with distutils, and the error report it's
> generating:

[SNIP]

This was indeed a bug in the XPath parser, which Jeremy Kloth fixed in CVS
last night.  I haven't used the Docbook chunker for a while, so my guess is
that the syntax that tripped our parser is a new modification.  Certainly, I
was using Chunker with 4XSLT just fine when I contributed the EXSLT
chunker.xsl to the Docbook project:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200106/msg00016.html

Most of my use, and I'd suppose of a lot of others, of the Docbook stylesheets
has been straight html/docbook.xsl and fo/docbook.xsl.

If you'd like to verify that Jeremy's fix fors the trick to you, you can grab
the current CVS snapshot:

http://4suite.org/docs/4SuiteCVS.xml

BTW, I shall open a bug report on SourceForge for the disputed xmlproc errors.

Python Generators + DOM - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/01/08/py-xml.html
4Suite Repository Features - https://www6.software.ibm.com/reg/devworks/dw-x4su
ite5-i/
XML class warfare - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6965