[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.6 and PyXML 0.8.2

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 02:16:53 -0500

A few days ago, I checked in the code I expected to release as Expat
1.95.6, and Martin released PyXML 0.8.2 based on that code.  Since
then, one of the Expat bugs fixed in that code was fixed in a more
general and robust way, and Expat 1.95.6 was released with that code.

So, we have a little conundrum:  PyXML 0.8.2 claims to contain Expat
1.95.6, and it *almost* does.  The chance that the additional
improvement in Expat will actually be needed is incredibly low -- it
doesn't affect applications that have a set the StartElementHandler on
the Expat parser object.  But, the README is wrong about the version
of Expat included, in this minor way.

Does anyone feel that this is worth releasing a new version of PyXML,
with the updated Expat code?  I suspect it makes more sense to simply
document it somewhere (where???), but would like input from the
community.

Thanks!

  -Fred

--