[XML-SIG] Expat 1.95.6 and PyXML 0.8.2

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:58:50 -0500

Uche Ogbuji writes:
 > Announced.  xmlhack is really, as its name implies, a group of XML
 > developers who post news as time and interest dictates.  I know
 > that several of the editors, myself included, avoid Java like the
 > plague, so that would be an odd bias for the site.  I must say that
 > Java folks seem to be better at announcing stuff in forums that I,
 > for one, read.

I'm afraid I don't know much about most of the names on the published
list of editors on the site, so it's hard to tell what the "natural"
bias might be.  The originator of the comment about a possible Java
bias is definately a regular reader of xmlhack, so I expect it's based
on casually observing the flow of articles.

Regarding Java and announcements... I suspect that high levels of
exposure to marketing hype tend to produce high levels of marketing
hype.  A dreadful and potentially deadly cycle.

 > Since becoming an editor, I've tried to make sure Python is
 > well-represented in xmlhack news.

I've certainly noticed when Python-related items pop up.  Please don't
misunderstand my comments; I like xmlhack and really appreciate
volunteer efforts like this!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>