[XML-SIG] [ pyxml-Bugs-750437 ] can't create catalog entry for pathless system identifier

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 6 22:00:43 EDT 2003

Bugs item #750437, was opened at 2003-06-07 00:00
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=106473&aid=750437&group_id=6473

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When the a catalog is processed with the SYSTEM keyword
to associcate a storage object identifier with a system
identifier, both are converted into full filesystem paths
based on a location of the catalog file, or any BASE entry
found.

This means that you can't create a catalog entry like:

SYSTEM html.dtd /usr/share/sgml/catalog/html.dtd

because the system identifier "html.dtd" will be converted
to a full path, and then be missed in the search if
the DTD entry says:

 <!DOCTYPE html SYSTEM "html.dtd">

The way to handle this that fixes my case is to not turn the
initial system identifier in the catalog command into a full
path before storing it the catalog. If it is left relative and
pathless, it will be found in the search. I can understand if
this solution doesn't work for other situations.