[XML-SIG] specifying xsl:version number with 4xslt

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Mon Jun 23 21:29:02 EDT 2003

> I'm so confused.  Stylesheets I used with 4Suite 0.12.0a2 break with
> 0a3.  For example, with the following two files:
>
> ---- file: dummy.xml ----
> <?xml version='1.0'?>
> <foo/>
>
> ---- file: test.xsl ----
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> <xsl:stylesheet
>     xsl:version="1.0"
>     xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>     >
>         <!-- what's wrong with my version number? -->
> </xsl:stylesheet>

Hmmm?  This should never have worked with any version of 4Suite 0.12.0.  It is
invalid XSLT.  You mean

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet
    version="1.0"

        <!-- what's wrong with my version number? -->
</xsl:stylesheet>

You only qualify the version name if you're using literal result as element
(if you're not familiar with that trick, don't give it a thought :-) ).

BTW a newer version is out: 1.0a1.

XML Data Bindings in Python - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/06/11/py-xml.html
Introducing Examplotron - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-x
mptron/