[XML-SIG] how to get xml parse with non ascii charset

Tim Diggins subscribed at red56.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 17:44:31 EDT 2003

I thought it was worth trying to reply to this email, but I don't have the
knowledge (quite).

The problem (as I understand it) is that the version of python/pyxml doesn't
contain the gb2312 encoding.

The error that results is:
  LookupError: unknown encoding: gb2312

I had trouble finding a list of supported codecs (although the list of
modules in Lib/encodings is helpful.

I similarly couldn't find any information about when or if gb2312 (euc-cn)
will be supported on python. Maybe someone on the list involved with
python-codecs or just more knowledgable than me can give a useful answer.

-- Tim