[XML-SIG] Re: Finding _xmlplus in Python 2.3a2

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:24:07 +0100

Jeremy Kloth wrote:
> On Sunday 02 March 2003 02:55 pm, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > Jeremy Kloth wrote:
> > > There would have been *much* code to change if PyXML was forced
> > > to change the package to something else, and I believe this is still the
> > > case, at least with PyXML.
> >
> > These changes are mostly very superficial, however. Though easier if
> > we had a comprehensive suite of unit tests..
>
> Changing import statements is superficial, yes, however there are lots of
> them, PyXML has 678 alone.

Yup, but this is still doable. Zope 3 went to a complete renaming and
restructuring in a short period last december. Of course it has the
benefit of a very comprehensive unit test suite.

Regards,

Martijn