[XML-SIG] Re: Finding _xmlplus in Python 2.3a2

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 12:02:44 +0100

Thomas B. Passin wrote:
> [ "Martijn Faassen"]
>
> > One way one could solve it is by moving stuff from PyXML that are already
> > inside the Python core. That may not be desirable as development is still
> > ongoing, but surely some things are stable enough by now to stop
> > maintaining as part of PyXML?
>
> It seems that we may be converging on moving some basics from PyXML into the
> Python core.  Before we settle on that, who would maintain and update that
> code once it got moved?  XML-SIG (I think that would be best)?

It's nice we are converging; I hadn't read the other posts
suggesting the same thing when I made mine. I would think the XML-SIG
still manages the code. See also PEP 2 (which I wrote and which is
still not official as far as I'm aware, but it models this fairly well):

http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0002.html

Regards,

Martijn