[XML-SIG] broken install of PyXML-0.8.2 on darwin

"Martin v. Löwis" martin@v.loewis.de
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 07:26:40 +0100

Jason Michael Jurkowski wrote:
> i experienced a broken install of PyXML-0.8.2 on darwin.  the following
> details two minor changes I made to setup.py to 'fix' the install.
>
> changed line 11 to:
> from distutils.sysconfig import get_config_var
>
> changed line 59 to:
> get_config_var("LDSHARED").find("-flat_namespace") == -1:

It's relatively unlikely that I implement that change. For every PyXML
release for the last two years, somebody said that it won't work on
Darwin, and proposed a change to make it work. I implemented that
change, and then in the next release, somebody else said that the
previous solution doesn't work, and proposed something else.

So unless I get a specific patch with elaboration why a certain setup is
the right thing, and an email address I can put into setup.py, I'm
unwilling to make any changes I cannot test.

Regards,
Martin