[XML-SIG] xml to pdf... a newbie question...

Gisbert Amm gia@webde-ag.de
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:47:35 +0100

> how can i generate pdf with htmldoc???
> or did i get the message right?
>

> --------------------------------------
>
> I found "htmldoc" much simpler than ReportLab and
> more in line with what I needed.

You need at first to generate HTML. That you can feed to htmldoc which
outputs pretty nice PDF (see for instance the Dive into Python Book by Mark
Pilgrim - http://diveintopython.org/).

htmldoc you can find here: http://www.easysw.com/htmldoc/

With htmldoc you're fixed to HTML output as the first target. But you can
get Postscript OTH.

For future maintainability, I'd first write out XML anyway (DocBook,
preferrably), transform it with XSLT to HTML and then feed it to htmldoc.
It's a completely different approach than with ReportLab - you can
potentially output whatever format you want.

If you want to keep it very simple, you could of course write out HTML.
However, if I had to  do the task, I'd never do this anymore.

Regards
Gisbert