[XML-SIG] xml namespace prefix and xml.sax.saxutils.XMLGenerator

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sat, 08 Mar 2003 18:42:06 -0700

> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 03:10:32PM +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > The generator works fine for 'xmlns', but it doesn't seem to handle 'xml'
> > properly. What should be the case if I understand this right is that the
> > 'xml' namespace is always declared (and thus does not get a special
> > xmlns declaration).
>
>   That's right.

Just to continue to be nitpicky, The xml prefix does not *need* to be
declared, but there is nothing wrong with declaring it, either, as long as
XMLNS constraints are met.

Universal Business Language (UBL) - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/l
ibrary/x-think16.html
EXSLT by example - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-exslt.html