[XML-SIG] Installation

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:11:59 -0700

Kai Hendry wrote:

>Is it wise to encourage my school's admins to install an RPM of XML
>python tools? Esp. that to make use of the DefaultHandler in SAX.
>
>Can you recommend ones made specifically for RH based systems?
>
>Regards,
>-Kai Hendry
>

>On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 06:35:08 -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>

>>python setup.py install --prefix=$HOME/lib

Please ask such questions on the XML-SIG mailing list.  Not only can
others help as well as I can, but the discussion can also help others.

Personally, I do not recommend any stock RPMs of Linux just because I'm
always wary of what versions they use and what patches they throw in.  I
would recomemend building an RPM yourself for the sysadmin using the
downloaded package:

./setup.py install bdist_rpm

The created RPM should be in the "dist" directory.

Use internal references in XML vocabularies - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tipvocab.html
Universal Business Language (UBL) - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think16.html
EXSLT by example - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-exslt.html
The worry about program wizards - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=7238