[XML-SIG] Is this a memory leak?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 07 May 2003 18:57:07 +0200

Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> More info ...
>
> According to a comment on SOAPpy bug #585837, the reset() method in
> expatreader.py creates a bound function loop.
>
> I'm going to try and figure out a patch and then submit something to
> the pyxml sourceforge site.
>
> Since the same behavior occurs whether or not I have _xmlplus
> installed, should I submit one to the python sourceforge site as
> well?

I remember having seen reports of memory leaks in pyexpat. No
idea whether they've been fixed, though. You may want to try
this against Python CVS.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, May 07 2003)
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        48 days left