[XML-SIG] Floating exception on alpha machine

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
13 May 2003 17:13:39 +0200

Jens Jorgen Mortensen <jensj@fysik.dtu.dk> writes:

> I have included my best shot at a backtrace to the end of this mail.
> I am afraid it is not very useful - the debugger reads the symbols
> before I import xml.xpath! - how should this be done?

If you can't get your debugger to load symbols for shared libraries
afterwards, you could either try a different debugger (gdb comes to
mind), or you could try to link all code with the executable. For
this, you would have to relink the python binary, after putting
initpyexpat into config.c (pyexpat is likely the extension module for
which it can't find the symbols).

HTH,
Martin