[XML-SIG] Installation trouble on OS X

Ryan Wilcox ryanwilcox@mac.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 09:34:42 -0400

On 5/14/03, at 8:02 AM, Gary Robinson said:

>Thanks Ryan!
>
>will darwinports work to install pyxml for the apple-supplied version of
>Python, or does it expect a darwinports-supplied python? (I notice that fink
>tends to put things in its own locations, which are sometimes incompatible
>with the locations non-fink packages expect...)

Darwin Ports puts stuff in it's own location as well.

You _should_ be able to set the PYTHONPATH enviromental variable to include
where DP puts stuff (in this case: /opt/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/).

>Which brings me also to my other question, when I run setup.py for a
>package, does it move it automatically find the right directory to put the
>files into, no matter where I ran it from?

It should, yes.

If you want to explicitly tell it, call setup.py like so:

python setup.py --prefix /usr/something/somewhere

Hope this helps,
-Ryan Wilcox

>>> <http://ThisURLEnablesEmailToGetThroughOverzealousSpamFilters.org>
>>>
>>> Gary Robinson