[XML-SIG] Equivalence test for DOM Nodes?

Andrew Clover and at doxdesk.com
Tue Nov 25 14:05:30 EST 2003

Roman Kennke <roman at interview-machine.com> wrote:

> There is no such standard.

Ah! Actually there is, for values 'x' of standard where 'x' is equal to a
Candidate Recommendation anyway. See Node.isEqualNode in DOM Level 3 Core:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-DOM-Level-3-Core-20031107/core.html#Node3-isEqualNode

This is not yet widely supported; the only Python implementation I know of
that supports it is my own:

  http://www.doxdesk.com/software/py/pxdom.html

isEqualNode has not been thoroughly tested (for one thing, there is not yet
any Level 3 Test Suite), but it seems to work for the simple cases I have
thrown at it.

Note pxdom 0.8 is based on the previous Working Draft (June); there have been
some changes between then and the current Candidate Recommendation. pxdom 0.9
will be released shortly to track changes to CR. (And fix a few L3 bugs. And
implement a few more of its optional features.)

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com
http://www.doxdesk.com/