[XML-SIG] c14n and subset

Joshua Boverhof JRBoverhof at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 17 12:42:12 EDT 2003

I made a small change to the _implementation._do_element method
The initial_other_attrs parameter was just being added to other_attrs, so
'xmlns' attributes passed in this way are not being sorted correctly.  I
made a new little list 'sort_these_attrs', and I dump everything in it
and then it passes this FIRST test.  Hope this helps.
-josh

$ python c14n_simple.py
CORRECT:  <B xmlns="urn:b" xmlns:a="urn:a" dog="stoli" a:cat="gin"></B>
CANONIC:  <B xmlns="urn:b" xmlns:a="urn:a" dog="stoli" a:cat="gin"></B>
$ more c14n_simple.py
from xml.dom import minidom
from xml.dom.ext import c14n

str = """
<a:A xmlns:a="urn:a" xmlns="urn:b">
  <B a:cat="gin" dog="stoli"/>
</a:A>"""

dom = minidom.parseString(str)
B_el = dom.getElementsByTagNameNS("urn:b", "B")
#print c14n.Canonicalize(dom, subset=B_el)

print 'CORRECT:  <B xmlns="urn:b" xmlns:a="urn:a" dog="stoli"
a:cat="gin"></B>'
print "CANONIC: ", c14n.Canonicalize(B_el[0])