[XML-SIG] 2 identical namespaces and getElementByTagNameNS

Andrew Clover and-xml at doxdesk.com
Tue Sep 9 08:38:51 EDT 2003

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca wrote:

> Now if I use getElementByTagNameNS with "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> as the namespace on a document where the elements are named into the default
> namespace, I don't get the expected results, presumably because PyXML
> expects that name space to have the "xsd:" prefix ...

I don't know whether you're talking about minidom or 4DOM, but both work
for me in at least 0.8.0 and 0.8.3. If I take your example <schema>
root element and insert:

  <a/>
  <xsd:b/>

I can retrieve either element using getElementsByTagNameNS.

Can you give more example context/code, where an unexpected result occurs?

--
Andrew Clover
mailto:and at doxdesk.com
http://www.doxdesk.com/