[XML-SIG] get the abolute path for a node

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Aug 5 12:49:51 CEST 2004

Alexandre CONRAD wrote:
> I've been looking around, and apparently, there is a function that
> returns all the ascensor of a node. But I need this as a string path.
>
> Any ideas ?

There is no such function, and it would be difficult to define one.
For example, /rootnode/node/sub_node5 might refer to a different node,
if node has multiple children with a name of sub_node5. So one could
try to find a better-matching string, such as /rootnode/node/sub_node5[3].

Or, such a function might generate something like
/following::node()[1564], which is probably not what you want, but
would match what you have requested.

Regards,
Martin