[XML-SIG] XBEL (dis-)continued?

Christian Junk junkc at fh-trier.de
Sat Dec 18 22:40:31 CET 2004

Hi!

I'm working on a project for my study of computer science. The project's focus
is on bookmarks (and links respectively).

I'm very interested in the XBEL format, but it seems that XBEL 1.0 is
obsolete?

I found a discussion from 2001 at the XML-SIG Archives about XBEL 1.1 and also
I found a link to the DTD
(http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/dtds/xbel-1.1.dtd), but I think it isn't
well-established and there are still some lacks.

So, is there anyone out there who still works on XBEL or is willing to restart
the work on it? Do you think there actually is a need to extend and/or
enhance XBEL 1.0?

Regards,
Christian