[XML-SIG] (no subject)

Andrew Maclean andyjmaclean at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 5 07:54:19 EST 2004

Dear sir,

I'm having a problem with xmlproc.  Eventually I hope to use this product to
validate xml files against a schema but in the meantime I'm trying to get to
grips with basic functionality.

My problem is with the command "parse_resource", which results in a
SystemExit error.  The test xml file I use can be opened as a file and I can
use the "feed" command within a while loop to do some simple parsing of it
(this tells me it finds the file and links my XMLProcessor object to the
MyApp object) but the minute I try and use "parse_resource('C:/test.xml')"
it shuts down my Zope instance.

The relevant section of code is below, I took it from an example I found on
the internet:

  file = 'C:/Andy/XSL/test.xml'
  p = xmlproc.XMLProcessor()
  p.set_application(MyApp())

  try:
    p.parse_resource(file)
  except IOError, (errno, strerror):
    print "I/O error(%s): %s" % (errno, strerror)
  except ValueError:
    print "Could not convert data to an integer."
  except:
    print "Unexpected error:", sys.exc_info()[0]
    raise
  print

#prints "Unexpected error:SystemExit" before disappearing, the guilty line
is the call to parse_resource

I'm running on Windows XP.  The pyXml modules are all installed properly
because I'm using Silva Zope (0.9.1).  Can you please help?

Thanks,

Andy Maclean