[XML-SIG] XSV / Zope - help needed

Andrew Maclean andyjmaclean at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 12 02:45:43 EST 2004

Dear all,

I need to validate XML files from within Zope (Silva Zope) against a schema.
have been trying this with XSV, the basic functionality of which I'm getting
grips with when accessed through scripts external to Zope.

My problem is that Zope uses Python21 and XSV uses Python 22.  I've tried
to compile the XSV source unser Python 21 (to then smuggle it somehow into
Zope)
but first the compiler couldn't find cl.exe, then after installing Visual
Studio
it couldn't find stdlib.h....

Changing strategy, I went ahead with XSV compiled under Python2.2 thinking
that I
could use External Methods to obtain results from XSV-interacting scripts
compiled
under Python22, but to my horror and woe, I see that Zope recompiles the
files that
my External Method calls to.  The python file:

  C:/NotInZope/talkToXSV.py

is recompiled by Zope, which not understanding the XSV imports, strips the
methods that
reference them from the resulting .pyc

All I wanted to do was validate an XML file from within Zope.  Why is it so
complicated?
Before I change strategy (again) I was wondering if anyone can tell me where
I could get
hold of XSV prec-compiled under Python2.1  If they could also advise me on
how to get
these files inserted safely into my Silva-Zope installation I would be very,
very grateful.

Thanks

Mr Andrew Maclean