[XML-SIG] Questions about XBEL(licenses, namespaces, etc)

Jumpei Aoki mina_pp at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 7 03:45:32 CEST 2004

Hello,

I do a programming for hobby,
and I want to create a bookmark interchange software for my own study.
I think XBEL is a great format to use, and I wish to use this format,
but a few questions came along and I was wondering if you could help.

1) Is there are "namespaces" for these XBEL elements?
If so, is it "http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/xbel/"?
If it does not exist, could I use the above as the namespace,
or do I have to leave the namespace out?

2) If I have enough skill, I would want to create a
freeware and distribute it over the net.
Is there are licenses for XBEL?  In other words,
is there anything that I need to do if I use XBEL in my software?
I read http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/topics/xbel/ but I could not find
any statements about licenses.

3) Am I free to extend XBEL?  I don't think I would need to, but
if there is need, could I extend XBEL and add some other elements?

It would be of a great help if you can answer these questions for me.
Thanks for your time.

Jumpei Aoki