[XML-SIG] no 'writexml' when building a domTree from ext.Sax2

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Wed Jul 28 18:55:37 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 08:54, Alexandre CONRAD wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My idea here is to :
> 1- read an xml file
> 2- make modifications to it (delete nodes)
> 3- save it back to a file
>
> The way I build my DOM tree is with :
>
>      from xml.dom.ext.reader import Sax2

Why do you think you need to do this?  Are you sure you don't want plain
old minidom?  For one thing, you're looking for minidom APIs on a 4DOM
instance (well, almost: it's toxml() on minidom, not writexml() ).

Warning: 4DOM is very slow.  It's claim to fame used to be compliance,
but now it has been superseded in that regard by Andrew Clover's pxdom.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't recommend 4DOM to anyone for anything right
now.

Perspective on XML: Steady steps spell success with Google - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=9663
Use XML namespaces with care - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-namcar.html
Managing XML libraries - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=9160