[XML-SIG] favicon in XBEL

Ahmad Gharbeia ahmad at gharbeia.org
Fri Jul 30 15:15:13 CEST 2004

Greetings,
Storing and handling book marks in a cross platform/browser format has been a long time interest for me. Only when I started thinking of undertaking the task myself in XML that I found your work, which I greatly admire.

Allow me to bring one suggestion to your attention:
Why not add the ability to store an encoded 'favicon', or a URI to it in a <bookmark> element?

Now the fact that the de facto standard for favicon format is MS .ICO doesn't help much in displaying web sites icons in HTML generated from XBEL, although nothing prevents browsers such as Firebird from displaying icons in other formats that it supports in the address bar.

Sincerely,
Ahmad Gharbeia