[XML-SIG] XSLT?

Paul Tremblay phthenry at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 10 04:01:50 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 07:58:27AM +0100, Markus Jais wrote:

> hi
> if you need speed, check out libxslt
> (www.xmlsoft.org).
> it is written in C and comes with Python bindings
> included.
> it is way faster than a pure Python processor.

I regret to bring this up and offend the hard workers who have written
4suite, but I noticed the same thing.

I processed a 2 Megabyte document on my 300MHZ machine. libxst took 6
seconds. xalan and saxon took about 15 seconds(counting how long it took
java to "warm up.") 4suite took 1 minute and 50 seconds.

Perhaps I am missing something? Or is the feeling that speed is not that
important, since most people process relatively smaller docuemnts, where
one wouldn't notice the speed? For example, with a 20k document, 4suite
might be faster than the java appications.

Paul