[XML-SIG] DocumentFragment ??

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Mon May 10 13:03:38 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 08:16, kevin Thackray wrote:
> I wasn't sure if the problem was minidom+inheritance or juste trucky
> things with minidom?
> Anyway, I will do the same thing that with standard DOM implementation
> (4Suite)

Umm.  It's worth pointing out that in this case the DOM standard *is*
part of the problem (IMHO)

Anyway, 4Suite's Domlettes are by admission *not* standard DOM, although
they follow DOM wherever it doesn't get in the way of practicality.  We
view them as "close enough to DOM but not too close for comfort".

A survey of XML standards - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-stand4/
When to use elements versus attributes - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-eleatt.html
Introducing PyRXP - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/02/11/py-xml.html
XML in the financial services industry - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think22.html