[XML-SIG] How to convert my data in database to XML

kumar s ps_python at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 18:21:41 CET 2004

Dear group,
 I apologize for asking a very basic question here and
also I am afraid if this is not the correct place to

I have a database and I am plannig to pump my data in
the tables into XML files. For the kind of data in my
database table, there is already a proposed DTD out

What I should be do in order to convert my existing
data in tables into XML files.

Do I have to:
1. Create any parser to convert the data into XML
2. Validate the integrity of XML structure based on
DTD provided.

I might not have all the data fields supported in the
DTD in my database. Is it okay if I leave some fields
as blank.

This e-mail is a jump-start e-mail for me. I program
in python by never touched XML and I am excited to do

Please excuse my ignorance any violation of
appropriateness of e-mail content for list.

Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.