[XML-SIG] xsl transforms for displaying XML in a browser

Lloyd Kvam pythonTutor at venix.com
Mon Oct 4 04:00:13 CEST 2004

Thanks Dave.

What I wound up doing was generating a boilerplate xsl file by modifying
your generateDS.py program.  Rather than generating Python classes I
modified the generate function to call code to write xsl transformations
for each element.  This resulted in about 1400 lines of code.  I deleted
most of it (where the default to <xsl:apply-templates /> would be
adequate) and then fixed the remaining 400 lines to produce useful XHTML
and tacked on a style sheet.  I decided to work from the schema because
my generated XML omits many elements that were unnecessary for my
purposes.  This way the transform should work with any XML files that
conform to this schema.

Since the code inserted into generateDS makes little sense on its own, I
am enclosing a small script that generates a set of transforms for a
given XML file.

For me, the benefits of generating the xsl file were:
	correctly spelled element names
	complete layout of the structure to be transformed
	most of the coding now becomes the addition of markup elements

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp