[XML-SIG] no parent?

Uche Ogbuji uche.ogbuji at fourthought.com
Thu Oct 14 05:23:29 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 17:55, Andrew Clover wrote:
> (*) - this is actually a slight misbehaviour from minidom. When you do a
> getElementsByTagName, the DOM standard says you're supposed to get a
> 'live' list back, so that when you remove the elements from the document
> they disappear from that list too. minidom (and 4DOM) instead return a
> plain static list that does not change.

Yeah.  One of several examples of where the DOM WG was on crack.  This
is one area of compliance we purposefully declined in 4DOM (this and
entity ref handling were the main areas of non-compliance).  Minidom
does not really claim to be a compliant DOM implementation, so I don't
see this as any sort of misbehavior.

A hands-on introduction to ISO Schematron - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-xschematron-i.html
Schematron abstract patterns - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-stron.html
Wrestling HTML (using Python) - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/09/08/pyxml.html