[XML-SIG] Starting SOAPpy server on Windows boot

Thomas B. Passin tpassin at comcast.net
Tue Oct 19 05:22:39 CEST 2004

Taylor, Martin wrote:
> I've written a simple SOAP server using the SOAPpy libraries and would
> like to get this server to start automatically on certain Windows XP or
> 2000 machines when they boot.  I've tried putting a line like:
>
> start /B C:\Python23\python.exe "C:\TI-CAT\SOAP
> Experiments\my_test_server.py" >%TEMP%\my_test_server.log
>
> in my the AUTOEXEC.BAT file, but it doesn't seem to work there.  If I
> log in, open a command prompt, and then do the line above, then it works
> fine.
>
> Has anyone done anything like this that could help me solve this
> seemingly trivial problem?

Those versions of Windows do not use autoexec.bat, as best I know.  Put
the script into another batch (or better, a .cmd) file,and put a
shortcut to that file (or the batch file itself) in the start menu,
located at x:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Start
Menu\Programs\Startup\, where "x" and "<user>" are whatever apply to
your system.

Cheers,

Tom P

---
Thomas B. Passin
Explorer's Guide to the Semantic Web (Manning Books)
http://www.manning.com/catalog/view.php?book=passin