[XML-SIG] XML Malform

Pieter Smits psmits at globaltrack.com
Wed Sep 1 14:51:26 CEST 2004

Hi there,

We are running a program using Python 2.3, pulling XML data from a server. All goes well if the data does not have a lot of entries. If it does all of a sudden there is a number in data; almost like a line number.
Below an example, I cutted some ReturnMessage tags because it takes a quite a few to get the line number but you get the idea...

----Example-----

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<MessagesWaiting>

<ReturnMessage id="98298996" />

<ReturnM
1000
essage id="98298997" />

<ReturnMessage id="98298998" />

<ReturnMessage id="98299132" />

<ReturnMessage id="98299167" />

2000

<ReturnMessage id="98299209" />

</MessagesWaiting>

Other users using the same server as we pull the data off don't have the problem; but they are not using Python...

Obviously Python can't use this mallformed data. I have an idea it has something to do with the http connector or so but are really in the dark what.

Anybody any ideas what it can be and how to resolve it?

Kind regards,

Pieter Smits

-
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager
at support at globaltrack.com. The company accepts no liability for the
content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the
basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently
confirmed in writing. Finally, the recipient should check this email and
any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no
-